Sunday, February 3, 2008

Inquiry-Based Learning: A True and (Nearly) Digital Story

You want me to what??!


You're kidding, right?



What am I supposed to do with this thing?



Look -- the bark matches perfectly! Is it a match?



Whaddaya mean, it has needles??!



I'm supposed to look up, too?!



All right, all right -- how about this one, then?



How come this guy's bark is so splotchy??


Score!


Hey, wait-- what's this stuff?


Did it come from one of these things?


Woah -- willya look at that??


Can we do this one next?



It's close, but how come the real leaf is fatter and less pointy than the one in the picture?


Woah -- what's this stuff??


Is this really a birch?







Hmm... the bark looks like an aspen, but the leaf looks like a birch --
which is it?

Now this one, on the other hand -- a perfect match, or what?



Who's been eating this guy's bark?



Hey!! Is this it?



The bark was perfect, the needles are good, but what's up with the cone??



Can I have my snack now?




Hey-- can I use the camera for a minute?


Inquiry-based learning: When it's good, it's very, very good.
(Special thanks to Guinea Pig #2, for humoring me in what I billed simply as a Walk in the Woods...)

No comments: