Sunday, January 27, 2008

1/22 Assignment: Sport in Belize!


This is a picture of my brother, Sport, in front of Mayan ruins, in Belize.



Well.... Not really.


It is my brother, Sport, but he's not really in Belize. He's really in front of the fireplace at the Appalachian Mountain Club Highland Center lin the White Mountains (thus the sweater). To do our "manipulated digital image" assignment, I cut his image out and superimposed it onto a background of the Mayan ruins we're planning to visit this summer, on a trip we really hope he joins us for.


Well... Not really.


We really do hope he joins us, but this particular picture isn't really Belize. I couldn't find a non-copyright-protected image of the sites we're actually planning to visit, that I could use for this purpose. These are Mayan ruins, but they're really from Tulum, Mexico. I got the background picture from a site called pics4learning.com, which is full of all sorts of copyright-free images that are down- and up-loadable for various educational purposes.


Pretty cool, huh? I'm a little vague on what I actually did to do this -- there was a good deal of random clicking about and hoping for the best -- but, there it is.



Whaddaya say, Sport?

No comments: